Alli: Wow, Lydia! You are a DECADE old!
Lydia: Yup. And your not.
Alli: (Said with such seriousness and sincerity) I don't mean this as an insult, but I am really torn. On the one hand, I would love to be in the double digits, but on the other, I really want to stay young and fresh.
Lydia left for school the other morning very upset with me. We had quite an ugly scene. She would not even tell me goodbye or give me a hug. This was our conversation as she came bursting in the door after school.
Lydia: Hi Mom! I need help with my homework. Will you help me?
Me: Well hello to you too. I guess you aren't mad at me anymore, huh?
Lydia: What do you mean?
Me: Have you forgotten about this morning? I have thought about it all day today.
Lydia:( leaned in very close to my face, studied it very carefully. I thought I was about to get a heartfelt apology or at the least some real words of wisdom). Then she leaned back and said:
Oh! Is that why you aren't wearing any make-up?!
From Lydia on Sunday morning as she put on a dress that I had recently gotten for her. It came right to the middle of her kneecap.
Lydia: Mom, don't you think this dress is a little too short? When I sit down it shows my knees.
Please, oh please, can I get that in writing and get it recorded so I can play it back to her when she is 16?!!
I loved this one from the soccer field.
Lydia, to the girl throwing in the ball: Hey, open your eyes!!
(No this was not meant in sarcasm, and yes, the girl's eyes were actually closed as she was throwing in the ball.)
Speaking of soccer, I have officially been a soccer mom for the past 8 weeks. The winter season has come to a close. Lydia has decided to play spring softball and Alli wants to do more soccer, so the powerful sister duo on team Dazzling Divas is no more. To pay tribute to the end of the era of having both girls doing the same thing on the same team, thus beginning the era of scheduling headaches, I leave you with a few pictures.





















1 comment:
Loved this post! The photos of hair flying are awesome!
Post a Comment