At 12:40 pm today life will change for our family.
Mostly it will change for Matt because that is when he reports to the MTC in Provo, Utah to begin his 2 year mission.
I am so excited and happy for him!
I am beyond thrilled that he wants to share his testimony of the Savior and His gospel with others.
Ever since he was a little boy we would talk about a mission, talk about how one day he would be all grown up and go to somewhere in this world to teach others the gospel. We sang primary songs about it and helped him save his money for it.
During his teenage years, I worried that he wouldn't want to go and said lots of prayers that he would. When the time grew closer, I nagged at him to finish his papers and schedule his interviews.
I held my breath that this day would come.
And here it is.
His shoes still sit in the middle of the family room and his favorite shirt is still hanging behind the laundry room door. A friend told me not to go in his room for the next two weeks and I am following that advice.
I miss him already, even though I am so happy this day is here. I think I am sad because I know that this marks the end an era. The end of his childhood.
We waited so long for him and wanted him so badly. I remember when he was placed in my arms. He was all wrapped up in a blue blanket. He only weighed 4 lbs 13 oz. I almost thought there was nothing in the blanket because it was just such a light and tiny bundle.
But this is what was in that bundle:
And that grew into this:

Yes, it is the ending of an era. But with every ending comes a new beginning, and I just can't wait to see where this one will take him.










3 comments:
Sooo Exciting! Much Luck and prayers out to Matt on his new adventure and righteous choice to serve the Lord. =)
I love the fishing pole picture more than any other picture, ever.
Enjoy the sweet ride! Great post!
Post a Comment