Dear Ms. Burton,
We hope this letter finds you well. It's that time again--time to schedule your annual mammogram.
The letter then goes on to tell me important facts about breast cancer and early detection. I am then urged to not skip a year and to schedule my mammogram today!
Really? Really? Do these places not update their records? These are the same people that did my last mammogram, diagnosed my cancer, and suggested I have a mastectomy! It was a day I will never forget and you would think that someone could make a small note of that fact!
Sheesh!
Anyway, it has been a long time since I have updated my blog. I think it is because when I think of writing about my final round of chemo and then my surgery, I have a small PTSD attack, and have to back away.
Hopefully I will feel like writing about these things at some point because I know that there are parts I definitely want to remember--like my surprise chemo graduation party, and my pathology results that show I achieved PathCR. For those that are not oncologists-- this evidently stands for Pathological Clinical Remission and is a very, very good thing! Basically it means that no live cancer cells were found in my breast tissue or lymph nodes after surgery. There was only scar tissue where the cancer had been.
Take that, breast cancer!!
Also, although we are in the miserable rainy season of summer, I feel like is is spring because things are sprouting up all over. That's right folks, I will not be part of that small percentage who's hair never grows back after chemo, ( a secret fear of mine) because I have beautiful dark fuzz all over my head!
2 comments:
Wow... doctors offices claim to be on top of things but they totally aren't. You are amazing and someone I really admire. You conquered breast cancer and can now take on the world!!! Oh and side note about this rain, I swear the six years (including summers) I have lived in Tally we have by far have had the most rain this summer.
I hope you write to that Imaging Center and give them a piece of your mind. They need to know how insensitive this is! You are such a wonderful writer! I think you should write a book! Fer real...
Post a Comment