Back on May 9th, I had my 6th and final round of chemo.
I had a rough time recovering from that little nugget of fun.
Even after three weeks of recovery,
Even after three weeks of recovery,
my feet and and ankles were swollen,
I was so fatigued that walking from my bedroom to the kitchen left me out of breath,
and my joints and muscles were so stiff and sore that I moved like a little old lady.
I was so fatigued that walking from my bedroom to the kitchen left me out of breath,
and my joints and muscles were so stiff and sore that I moved like a little old lady.
I was scheduled for my bilateral mastectomy on a Monday morning just over three weeks after my last chemo round.
On the Friday night before, Blair whisked me away for an overnighter at the lake.
I was discouraged and so very tired of feeling bad,
and knew I was about to feel a whole lot worse in a few days.
and knew I was about to feel a whole lot worse in a few days.
It was nice to get away and relax.
On Saturday evening, we returned home.
I remember thinking that the neighbors must be having a big party because I saw a lot of cars parked near our house.
As we got closer, I realized there were pink balloons on our mailbox and those cars were actually parked in our yard!
I remember thinking that the neighbors must be having a big party because I saw a lot of cars parked near our house.
As we got closer, I realized there were pink balloons on our mailbox and those cars were actually parked in our yard!
My sweet family, headed up by BethAnn, had secretly been working hard on a "chemo graduation" party.
I can not expresss my emotions as I pulled up and saw so many of my friends and family who had been by my side through the long chemo road.
So rather than trying to describe the event, I will let the pictures,
taken by my sweet sister in law Myrna,
do the talking...
I can not expresss my emotions as I pulled up and saw so many of my friends and family who had been by my side through the long chemo road.
So rather than trying to describe the event, I will let the pictures,
taken by my sweet sister in law Myrna,
do the talking...
These are just a few of the pictures of that special night.
There were banners and pictures inside the house as well.
I eventually took down everything except one pink banner that still hangs in my kitchen window.
It says "Vicky is Tougher Than Cancer."
I think I am leaving that one for a good long while, because with such an amazing support group,
I just might be tougher than this cancer after all.
3 comments:
Beautiful! I am so thankful you have such a wonderful support system. And you should leave that banner hanging for a long time. You are tougher than cancer!
Awesome! We are so thrilled for you to get this year behind you!
Awe this made me almost cry. It is a testament to you and Blair of the love people have for you two. We are some of those lucky people! Way to go Vicky!
Post a Comment