Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A sleepless night...

Alli has always been one to not need much sleep. She loves to stay up late and is usually the first one up in the morning. She was my toughest baby to get to sleep through the night and for years she would show up in our room in the middle of the night and try to sneak into our bed. If it weren't for the fact that I simply cannot sleep with a child in my bed, she would probably still be there. But at age eight, it has been a few years since she has disturbed our sleep at night. Needless to say, I was a little startled when she came screaming into our room like a little banshee in the middle of the night last night. She had evidently had a pretty terrifying bad dream. It was sweet to cuddle her and dry her tears. As I was snuggling her back into her bed, she was ready to talk about her dream. Evidently some magical alien creature, a take-off of a character from a book she is reading, was trying to invade my body and she was powerless to stop it. Hmmm, not sure how I feel about this. Does this means that at times I act like I have been invaded by a mean alien creature?? Probably so. Or does this mean that last night she overheard Lydia sobbing because she was going to miss me when I die? Yes that happened last night too, but that is another story altogether. Evidently I am causing my sweet babies some anxiety. But in case anyone is concerned, I am not dying nor am I possessed by aliens. (Although my children may argue otherwise)

And now to end on a different and MUCH happier note--BethAnn and Zach have found out the are having a BOY!! I will have a grandson in July!! WooHoo! Let the shopping begin! I heart baby boys!!

1 comment:

Karley said...

You have a blog! Yay!!! I'm sorry you had a rough night though.