Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thirteen Years Ago

Thirteen years ago, on the other side of the world, a baby girl was born.  We didn't yet know of her existence, but our hearts knew we had a baby somewhere,  and we set out to find her. 

 After months of red tape, paperwork, and jumping through hoops, we finally got our first glimpse of our daughter. 
 It came in a fed-ex envelope.  One tiny 2x3 picture. I stared at this picture for 8 long weeks and fell hopelessly and completely in love.
I held her for the first time on Nov. 27th, 1999. She enchanted us with her soulful dark eyes and solemn little face.

She has continued to be a blessing and joy to our family and to my heart.

This was after she had been home a few months.  She got this stroller for Christmas and it helped her learn to walk.  She pushed it everywhere.
This was the Easter she was 3 yrs. old.  I love the look of joy on her face.
Kindergarten Picture. Could there be a cuter snaggle?

Easter 2010
Being Tough at the gun range with her dad.


Happy Birthday, sweetheart!
I believe that somewhere on the other side of the world, someone is thinking of this girl.  I wish I could say thank you.  I wish they could know how happy our life is.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

What a beautiful girl! I wish that "someone" on the other side of the world could know what a lucky girl Kate is to be part of your amazing family.

We love you, Kate!