Monday, March 7, 2011

One Fine Day

We had some beautiful spring weather last week.  The kind that tricks you into thinking that warm weather is officially here to stay.  I fell for it and was so sad to wake up to cold weather again this morning.  To cheer myself up, I thought about our afternoon this past Thursday.  It was too beautiful to stay inside, so this is what was going on outside.

This first picture is one of normal spring behavior.  
Blair is tinkering in the yard, preparing the garden and spraying weeds.

The second picture is one of abnormal spring behavior.  
These two crazy girls thought it was warm enough to go swimming, even though it definitely was not.  I finally gave in and warned them that they would probably jump right in and then right back out. 
 
I should have known better.  They happily splashed around playing "mermaid" for the better part of an hour.  I asked if they were cold, and they both kept denying it.
  When Alli said, "I am not cold but I don't really know why my teeth are chattering," I realized that someone should show a little good sense and make them get out.


Kate showed a lot of good sense and stayed dressed and warm.



Zoey thought we were crazy for being outside at all and huddled in the corner until it was all over.



                                                           Here's to warmer days!

No comments: