Thursday, August 18, 2011

One Year Older and Wiser Too

On July 30th, a certain someone in our family turned
 HALF A CENTURY old.
  I am sure his mom wonders where the time has gone.  She probably still remembers him when he was like this:
Or like this:
Or this:
Missionary photo

When I first met him he looked like this:


Now he looks like this:


 To Celebrate this momentous birthday, we thew him a little suprise party.

 In case you didn't know, Blair hates suprises and secrets. 

There was a lot of whispering and quiet (?) planning  going on and Blair was suspicious. He knew something was up but didn't know what. This was the look on his face when he pulled into the driveway.  


We were all standing there along side 50 pink flamingos.


We had a  friend of ours cook some amazing food and we invited some of Blair's closest friends and family.








We hope he sticks around for another 50 years!



4 comments:

Beth said...

We have enjoyed this post. Glad you gave him a good party. Hope he let them do their own thing with the cooking. He sure does love to get in there and serve up a party. Hope he ages well.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog Vickie. I remember Blair in his earlier years. The time has sure gone by in a hurry. Looks like you gave him a great party. I would love to have been there.

Marsha said...

I think Blair has aged so well. I love the silver in his hair now! He's one amazing man and I count myself lucky to call him my big brother and friend.

Vicky said...

Thanks for your comments. Blair read them and appreciated them too!