So in the interest of my nerves and everyone's time, I present to you
The Reader's Digest condensed version of the past 4+ weeks.
Ready? Here we go!
On September 30th, this boy:
Who somehow overnight changed into this man:
Got his mission call. He is going to the Colorado Denver North mission and will report to the MTC on Feb. 8th. Although he didn't get called to his beloved Russia, he is excited to serve and we are are very proud of him.
On Oct. 4th, This little girl:
Who somehow over night turned into this big girl:
Turned 9 years old. Here she is with her stash of gifts and proof that her mother is either very creative or very lazy--take your pick.
In my defense let me just say that she loves these donuts and she did have a party with friends the previous Friday night with a cake that I made available from the Walmart bakery.
This cute little thing:
Who overnight turned into this beautiful child:
Invited me to attend Grandparents Day at her school because her grandparents were out of town, and I am a grandma now, right?
And this girl:
Who overnight turned into this fun teenager:
See her right there in the middle? She participated in a band concert that was phenomenal. She plays a mean flute.
After all that fun, Blair and I, along with the girls, enjoyed a little time doing what any Florida family does in October.
We headed for the water!
![]() |
| Can you tell by Blair's hair that they might have gone a little fast? |
Lake Mystic + jet ski = Fun
On October 18th, these two people, who still look EXACTLY the same:
Went to the national pest control convention in New Orleans.
We ate alot of these:
![]() |
| (Plus a whole lot of other delicious food) |
Walked all over the place on streets like this:
Made some new friends:
Listened to great music on every corner:
And had a really good time.
We hustled back in to town this past Friday just in time to take the whole gang to the Sugarland Concert.
We decided that Alli probably got everyone's monies worth. She danced through the whole thing and even got a hug from Kristian Bush. And sweet Lydia? She was so impressed she fell asleep. She said she would rather see Bob Dylan in concert. Go figure.
Whew! Did you last through all that?
I have a ton of stories that I could tell about each event, but I am probably the only one who would really find them entertaining, and well, this is what happens when you get too far behind in the ole blog. Important things get missed...like...well...
I am sure something important got missed and now is forever forgotten.
I promise to do better. Maybe.



















3 comments:
Ha! The life of a busy family. I know I don't blog very often and then I think oh I'll just make it a short one... yikes they always turn out long. I guess that makes me long winded! None the less loved it and you have wonderful children because you are an awesome MOM! Ya so is Blair.
Thanks, Annette. What sweet friend you are! Can't wait to hear you are a grandma!
Wow, you sure have been busy. We're looking forward to spending lots of time with your wonderful family in the next couple of months (with relatives coming, and holidays not far off)...you'll probably be sick of us by the time New Year's comes around!!
P.S. Tell Alli I have her birthday present!!!
Post a Comment