Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Trunker-Tricker-Sicker-Treat

This past Saturday was our ward Trunk-or-Treat.  For the past two years it has been held in our yard, which is a ton of fun.  Blair gives hay rides around the block, the Primary cooks hotdogs for everyone, and we have cars, kids, and candy everywhere. 

 Here are my two helpers just before everyone started arriving:




Lydia as a Glampire.  
In case this is new terminology for you, a glampire is a non-scary, glamorous vampire.  It involves LOTS of makeup, sparkly shoes, and Mom's jewelry, and some cool fake red hair.  Notice  she has strategically placed her hand to display the ring that I let her borrow.  I think she was more excited about the ring than the candy.  She might have lost one of my earrings, but that ring never left her sight or her thoughts.

 Alli as a waitress.  
Yes we were successful in our attempt to create a costume worthy of her imagination.  In case you are wondering her "milkshakes" are cotton balls, black yarn, red paper and a whole lot of hot glue. And to top it off, I only got one small burn, and only ruined my own shirt in the process.  No bad words were said however, so there's that.

Kate as a teenager who decided not to dress up.
  Instead, she got creative with a white t-shirt and some paint.  Notice the amazingly neat writing.  Yes, apparently some in my family are crafty in spite of me!


My cute mom. 
 I didn't mean to do it, but isn't funny how the spider legs look like they are coming out of her head?



The happy farmers with their cute little chicken.
Cutest chicken on the planet.

The chicken and his cow friend.  They were not amused but the rest of us were.






Then on Monday night it was time to do it all again. Well, it was time for some to do it again.

This time Kate got in the spirit of things at the last minute and decided to be a thief.  Cutest thief I ever saw.  And of course the glampire was gorgeous and once again artfully displayed the beloved ring.
 But sadly one little waitress was sick on the couch.  She ran a high fever all day and felt so bad that she didn't even care that she was missing the fun.  The only thing that made her sad was that she was messing up her perfect attendance goal at school and missing her math test. 

But the show must go on, so Pops fired up the tractor to pull a wagonload of kids around the neighborhood.

 I was distracted by my sicky and didn't get a picture of the full wagon, but a grandma is never too distracted to get a picture of her grandson's first time on the tractor.

2 comments:

Myrna said...

Both events were fun! Vicky, I have a couple of pictures from the trick-or-treat night that I'll post to your facebook. You can save them from there.

The Hargretts said...

How fun! I love all the costumes too. =)