Okay, so I know that I have somehow fallen off the blogging train.
Well, it might be more accurate to say that I full-on jumped off the blogging train. But I have officially re-boarded, and am ready to get the wheels turning again.
I know I need to catch you up on November and our amazing Thanksgiving that looked something like this:
Well, it might be more accurate to say that I full-on jumped off the blogging train. But I have officially re-boarded, and am ready to get the wheels turning again.
I know I need to catch you up on November and our amazing Thanksgiving that looked something like this:
| Gotta love my Mom "directing" everyone on how things should be done. |
I should probably tell you how Blair's parents stayed with us for the month of November and were the best house guests ever. I don't think I ever washed a dish the whole month.
I should share how during Thanksgiving week we had a house full of cousins, aunts, uncles and various relations as Blair's sister Marsha and brother Bruce brought their families for the holiday.
I should tell how there were kids in the pool and in the lake even though the water was FREEZING.
I should probably also describe how for Thanksgiving, we had about 40 family members.
I should include that it was a potluck dinner that included ribs, shrimp, and other amazing food and was eaten in our backyard.
And hopefully I will tell you all about it eventually, but if I never get to it, consider yourself informed.
Instead I want to fill you in on some of the things I hear.
As a mom and wife there are some things that you never want to hear, some things that you love to hear, and some that just make you laugh.
For example, the following statements would fall into the category of things you don't want to hear:
Lydia, right before it is time to leave for church: Mom, I have done something stupid and I think I need to go to the doctor. (To protect her pride, I will not divulge the "stupid" act, but it did indeed involve a Sunday trip to urgent care. Nothing serious and nothing a pair of skinny doctor tweezers couldn't resolve.)
This one from the pediatrician: Mrs. Burton, Allison has pneumonia.
Or this one about a week later from Blair: The doctor says I have walking pneumonia.
And let not forget this one a few weeks after that from the pediatrician: I hate to tell you, but I am pretty sure Lydia has pnuemonia.
What?!
Enough already with the pneumonia stuff!! Kate and I are holding are own and hoping to escape unscathed.
Thankfully most comments are not in this catagory. I like the next catagory of make-me-laugh comments much better.
Alli, from the backseat after chattering away to me for a good 10 minutes: Mom am I annoying you?
Me: No sweetheart, I like hearing about your day.
Alli: Really? Are you sure I am not annoying you?
Me: I am sure. Why do you ask?
Alli: Well, I was just wondering, because I am really starting to annoy myself.
Lydia: Mom, I did something nice for my friend at school today.
Me: That's nice.
Lydia: Yeah, she was having a bad day.
Me: Really? Why?
Lydia: Well, lets just say she was having love issues.
Alli: Mom, are you Santa Clause?
Me: Why would you ask that?
Alli: Because it doesn't seem fair that Jesus would make all of the people in the world, and would only give one person the ability to fly and do magic. It really wouldn't be fair to the rest of us, I'd like to fly too, you know.
Lydia wrote this on a toy she got at school for Christmas: Lydia's Toy. 4th Grade of Wisdom.
And of course the comments I love:
Matt, who just got home from Rexburg: I missed you and Dad more than you can ever know.
Lydia, in prayer: We are thankful for the things that we have, that we don't deserve, but that we have anyway.
![]() |
| One of the many pictures I force my children to endure on Thanksgiving day. I am very thankful for them all! |

1 comment:
hahahahahahaha! Oh my I love Allison's comment on the whole flying chatter. What a smart girl! I love your blogs... just so you know I do read them.
Post a Comment