Saturday, December 24, 2011

All Is Calm

It is Christmas Eve and I can't believe I have time to make a blog post.  
The shopping is done, the present are wrapped, the goodies have been baked, the house is clean(ish), the kids are out riding bikes in an effort to "get tired enough to sleep tonight," and Blair and Matt are at the gun range trying to expend their Christmas Eve energy.
In a few short hours, our house will be all abustle with family, dinner prep for our traditional Christmas Eve Chinese Dinner, and general Christmas excitement. 

  But for now,
 for a quiet minute, 
I am alone in the house with Christmas carols playing, scented candles burning, and lights twinkling. 
 All I can think is...life is good, I am blessed. 
 I love Christmas, I love my home, my family, and most importantly, my Savior.

I love that the star on the top of the tree is the same cardboard and tinfoil star that Blair made on our first Christmas together 27 years ago.  
My favorite Christmas ornament of all time.  My non-mushy husband gave it to me 10 years ago.  It is a Make-A -Wish ornament that he had engraved for me.  It says "  You Are My Wish"

No comments: