I am usually a happy person, but lately I have been a little blue.
I have been trying to dissect my emotions and figure out what is going on, and this is what I have come up with:
1. Tomorrow is Friday the 13th, and it is also my birthday. How appropriate. I will be 48 and I am realizing that I am just about past middle age. (Will I really live to be 96? Do I want to live til 96??) Time is flying by, my children are getting older, and everything is changing too quickly.
2. The holidays are over. I am usually glad to see the holidays end. I am usually eager to get the tree down and the house undecorated and get back to normal. But this year I didn't want it to end and I am not sure why. Maybe because this was the last Christmas that anyone in my house believed in Santa. ( I got busted right after Christmas by my two youngest and finally had to fess up. ) Also this was the last Christmas with Matt for 2 years and I will miss him.
3. Matt is about to leave for two years. Don't get me wrong...I am thrilled he has decided to serve a mission and I am so proud of him, but let's be honest...I am going to MISS him!
4. My house is overwhelmingly cluttered and dusty. I feel the need to purge and scrub everything in sight.
5. I have been working hard at eating less and exercising more. I have dropped some weight, but to be honest I am craving some serious junk food!
So, what to do instead of moping?
How about looking at a few pictures?
This was the Christmas of the camera. All the kids got them.
This was my way of trying to insure that some pictures get taken around here on something besides my phone. I am terrible about remembering to take pictures so I have passed the baton to my kids.
So far I think they have taken about a bazillion.
I feel like I am living with the paparazzi.
| Matt looking overjoyed at getting so many white shirts and ties. |
| Not sure what look Blair is going for in this one??? |
| How do I get this camera open?? |
![]() |
| This boy does not lack in the doting aunts department. |
![]() |
| Headed to church. What a handsome bunch! |
![]() |
| My pretty girls. I love how Lydia still manages to sneak in some pink. |
Here are a few from a fashion photo shoot:
Here are a few that make me smile:
![]() |
| Sister love. |
| Pops caught in the act of sneaking contraband to Preston. Yes, that is indeed ice cream. |
I will leave you with my favorite find.






1 comment:
You know some of the best advice I got from my Dr. a while back (when I was feeling the same way and Bryan was about to embark on his mission). She said for all these years you have had a Mom hat on. Your kids are growing up and what hat are you to wear? She wasn't saying I'd stop being a Mom or my kids wouldn't need me but who am I? What do I want to do with my life? I have thought that over and over for years. Gosh.. Bryan has been gone and back from his mission for 11 years. I don't think it is selfish but more of a who am I? Give it a thought for a day or two or 11 years! :-)
Post a Comment