As we were on our big road trip this summer, we stopped to catch a Braves game.
At the end of the game we watched a spectacular firework display. Now if you didn't know, I LOVE fireworks. Not sure why, but I truly do. So I was sitting in my own little world, thinking that life just couldn't get any better, when Alli leaned over and said:
![]() |
| This little guy and his mom joined us at the game on their was to Greenville, SC. Unfortunately we did not get to |
At the end of the game we watched a spectacular firework display. Now if you didn't know, I LOVE fireworks. Not sure why, but I truly do. So I was sitting in my own little world, thinking that life just couldn't get any better, when Alli leaned over and said:
"You know this is pretty and all, but I can hardly enjoy it. Look at all the smoke, it can't be good for the environment. It's pollution! And those fireworks probably put off a lot heat. Has no one around here ever heard of global warming??!! This is not being environmentally responsible!"
Wow. Way to ruin my moment.
Yes she is still my nature-loving, tree-hugging, conscientious little girl. As opinionated as she is, I foresee many interesting "discussions" between her and her Daddy over the years!
We had a great time on our trip, (which hopefully I will eventually blog more about), but you know how when you are on a long trip and suddenly you just know when it is time to go home?
Lydia voiced that moment for us all when she began to cry and said,
We had a great time on our trip, (which hopefully I will eventually blog more about), but you know how when you are on a long trip and suddenly you just know when it is time to go home?
Lydia voiced that moment for us all when she began to cry and said,
"I just want to go home. I am sick of public bathrooms every 3 hours, and hotel rooms that smell like mating wasps, toenail clippings, and back hair."
Haha. I couldn't help but crack up, much to her dismay. Only Lydia could be that descriptive. Anybody out there ever caught a whiff of mating wasps? Yeah, me neither.


1 comment:
Hahaha...Love the deep thoughts of your girls! Mating wasps..can't say I can even imagine that smell. But I can TOTALLY relate to the ready to be home feeling!
Post a Comment