1. I am pulling myself out of the chemo funk once again. On round one, it took me a little over two weeks to start feeling better. This time it only took about a week and a half. I did end up needing to get some IV fluids at the one week mark, but on the whole I think this round was a little easier.
2. My hair is officially gone. Shortly after my post about hair, I had Blair shave it because I could not stand it. I discovered that I hate wigs but like scarves. I am definitely not bold enough to go anywhere bald yet. I thought it would be faster to get ready to go with no hair, but I have discovered that some times it takes longer to find a scarf that matches what I am wearing and tie it so it won't fall off, than it ever used to take me to do my hair.
3. I have a rather frankensteinish-looking scar right beneath my collar bone from where my port was put in. It is still a little tender, but I have used it three times now, and although I always get anxious when it is time to access it, I LOVE not having to have my veins tortured anymore.
4. The best news of all is that when I went in for my second round of chemo, my doctor measured my tumor and it had already shrunk from 7 cm to between 3 and 2.5 cm. That is over half in just the first round! I am excited to see what has happened when I go in for chemo next week. If there is continued shrinkage, it might possibly change my plan of having surgery at the end of my sixth chemo. We might have surgery after my third round and then finish up the chemo after surgery. Either way, I am excited that the chemo is doing it's job. It makes all these nasty side-effects worth it.
5. In non-cancer related news, spring soccer for Alli and softball for Lydia are starting up. I love this time of year. I love going to ball games and cheering for my girlies. Hopefully I will get a chance to see a lot of their games. Also looking forward to spring break and lounging on the dock at the lake! That will be good medicine for anything that might ail me!
6. My missionary boy has passed his one year mark! Monday is my favorite day of the week because I usually get the sweetest e-mails. He is freezing but doing well. I sure miss that boy but am so very proud of him!
And for all of you who are worried that I am on death's door....Here is a pic to prove that I am actually doing pretty good. Still taking lots of naps, but in my world that is actually a plus!
![]() |
| Before church on Sunday |

6 comments:
Thanks for the update. Glad you are doing better. Love the scarf You are using the well.
I am so happy to hear that things are going "good". Thank you for the update because we defiantly think about you often but don't want to overwhelm you. I love the scarf...now you just need a convertible...I always imagine scarf wearing with riding down the road with the top down. Keep up the naps, I'm sure they are helping your recovery. Lots of Love
that should have read definitely think about you, not defiantly. oh well
Nothing can change the shine in your eyes! You look beautiful and rock those scarfs! Hang in there my beautiful friend! I love you!
Nothing can change the shine in your eyes! You look beautiful and rock those scarfs! Hang in there my beautiful friend! I love you!
Vicky, you are beautiful! You're halfway through the big chemo, right?
Post a Comment