So I just got back from my final shopping run before chemo. I thought you might like a peak at my shopping list:
Lotion
Chapstick
Biotin mouthwash for dry mouth
(Are we noticing a theme? As I mentioned in my last post, there is NO moisture left in my body!)
Immodium--probably TMI, but desperately needed--nuff said!
Claritin--to help combat the bone pain from the Nuelasta shot. Not sure why it works....
Antacid--wretched heartburn
Wheat thins
Salted plain rice cakes
Lipton Chicken Noodle Cup-A-Soup
Plain rice with lots of salt
(Here is another theme--I CRAVE salt!)
String cheese
Plain unsweetened applesauce
(Not sure why but this another combination that I crave.)
Popsicles--orange are best
Jello
Gatorade
Mio water enhancing drops in lemon--because plain water tastes like metal.
Plastic utensils--because my metal mouth just can't take the real stuff.
Tissues--who knew that chemo makes your nose gunk up and then drip like crazy.
I think this is all of it.
You now know what my life and diet consists of in the week following chemo :)
Someone once told me that if I had a food vice that I wanted to give up, I should eat it during chemo, and then afterward I will never want it again due to the power of association.
I have a nice bag of chocolate in my chemo bag.
I'll let you know how that works out :)
Funny thing,
when I got home the kids looked in the bags and said,
"What did you get for us to eat?"
Whoops, did you need food this week?
My bad....
4 comments:
Your kids will be so self sufficient once you bounce back from chemo! You won't know what to do with yourself!
No don't learn to hate the chocolate. LOL Do I need to come and remove the chocolate from your bag?
Hang in there. My dad only ate my mom's canned peaches because he said they were the ONLY thing that didn't taste like metal!
How would it be to not like chocolate anymore? Can't imagine the life. Hugs and kisses.
Post a Comment