Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Chemo Shopping

Contrary to what the title may lead you to believe, this is not another post about stocking up at the store for my next round of chemo.
 Rather, it is about what happens if you attempt to shop shortly after having chemo.

It all happened one night not too long ago. 
The girls were in bed, Blair was at a meeting, and I was in bed in a chemo-induced fog. 
I felt just good enough to know I was bored, but not good enough to get up and do anything about it. So I did what any self-respecting woman would do-- I turned to some Internet shopping.

I have the Zullily app on my iPad, and I started browsing the newest deals. 
 I had no intention of really buying anything, but my two youngest girls have been asking for maxi- dresses, and I saw some that were only $7.00.

I remember thinking to myself that at that price I should just snatch them up
 and hope the girls liked them. But I was getting sleepy so I decided to wait til the next day.

Or so I thought.....

Imagine my surprise the next day when I received an e-mail from Zulilly thanking me for my order!
What order?  Did I get those two dresses?

Actually no, I ordered five different dresses plus two swimsuits!!

What??

The girls were excited to get the packages in the mail and the dresses all fit, 
but we had to do a little wheeling and dealing since there were not an even number of dresses. 
 The swimsuits did not fit because interestingly enough I ordered the wrong sizes!!
 One too big and one too small! And no returns...

Lesson learned. 
 I need be put on ipad lock down immediately following round 5!

3 comments:

Annette said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA This is a great story! I'm glad you shared it... hahahahah.. thanks for the end of the day laugh!

Marsha said...

I ordered some crazy $200 weight loss book and cds when I was highly drugged right after my back surgery. Vaguely remembered it...Yikes... from that little fat naked person who is always advertised on FB. Frightening!

Karley said...

HAHA! This cracked me up! Does it count as retail therapy if you don't remember it though?