I am not going to lie, round 4 of chemo was rough.
I went into it with a little bit of cough and cold so that made the whole thing a little harder.
My chemo is always on a Thursday, and usually Friday I feel a little gross but think to myself,
Hey this isn't too bad. I can do this.
Then by Saturday afternoon, I am in bed sobbing that I had forgotten how bad it really gets
and that there is no way I can do this.
Sunday through Wednesday are usually a blur as I spend most of it in bed
drugged with lots of medication to combat the chemo side effects.
By Thursday, I start to emerge, and although there is a lot of fatigue,
I realize that yes, I will live.
Round 4 fell the Thursday before Easter.
I love Easter.
I love Easter baskets and Easter dresses and egg hunts.
For me Easter is synonymous with Spring and new beginnings.
Most of all I love Easter Sunday when I can go to church and really ponder on the meaning of Easter;
when I can reverently celebrate the Resurrection of my Savior and what this means to me personally.
To not be able to go to church on Easter was devastating for me.
Cancer has taken a lot from me, how dare it take this too.
That morning, while my family was all together in church,
I lay in bed feeling sorry for myself and very, very alone.
I turned on Pandora radio to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir channel.
The song that was on was "How Great Thou Art."
This was one of my dad's favorite hymns.
As the beautiful hymn soothed my soul, I felt an overwhelming feeling of peace and comfort.
I have always believed that the Lord often sends us help through people here on earth and from those who have gone on before us.
That Easter morning I know that my dad was there with me,
which makes my testimony of the resurrection all the sweeter.
What started out as the worst Easter ever became one of the most meaningful.
For me Easter is synonymous with Spring and new beginnings.
Most of all I love Easter Sunday when I can go to church and really ponder on the meaning of Easter;
when I can reverently celebrate the Resurrection of my Savior and what this means to me personally.
To not be able to go to church on Easter was devastating for me.
Cancer has taken a lot from me, how dare it take this too.
That morning, while my family was all together in church,
I lay in bed feeling sorry for myself and very, very alone.
I turned on Pandora radio to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir channel.
The song that was on was "How Great Thou Art."
This was one of my dad's favorite hymns.
As the beautiful hymn soothed my soul, I felt an overwhelming feeling of peace and comfort.
I have always believed that the Lord often sends us help through people here on earth and from those who have gone on before us.
That Easter morning I know that my dad was there with me,
which makes my testimony of the resurrection all the sweeter.
What started out as the worst Easter ever became one of the most meaningful.
| My beautiful girls in their Easter dresses |
2 comments:
This post brought tears to my eyes. I miss you and I miss your dad. I'm glad you were able to be together on Easter. I love you, my dearest friend.
Thank you for sharing this. What a touching story about getting to be with your dad. I love that you have such a solid testimony of the gospel in these trying times.
I remember going to visit my mom in the hospital on Easter just days after we found out she had cancer when I was 8. I opened my Easter basket in her hospital bed. While it wasn't the happiest of Easters, I'm grateful she is here 20 years later!
Post a Comment