Round three of chemo went by as expected, and thankfully I bounced back in time to enjoy the kid's spring break.
Sadly, the weather did not get the message that it was spring, and we had a cold spring break.
We spent part of it at the lake.
Although the water was freezing, it did not stop Blair and the girls.
While they did this:
I did this:
And when they were busy with this:
I did this:
But after watching a little of this:
I decided it was time for some of this:
If you know me, you know I love the jet ski.
Ar first I thought I would take it for a nice slow spin around the lake.
Once I got putt-ing along, I thought, it doesn't take much more energy to go fast instead of slow :) When I returned to the dock, the kids begged for me to pull them.
I thought I didn't have the energy,
but when I saw their crestfallen faces, I agreed to once around the lake.
I'm so glad I did.
For just a few minutes, I felt like my old self again.
I felt like life was normal, and none of us had a care in the world.
We had different family members there for parts of the week too.
We had fun with BethAnn and her boys, Paula, Marsha and her girls, and Wynn.
Sadly I did not get pictures of all the cousin fun.
I did, however, get pictures of our two most important visitors.
![]() |
| Not a fan of the cold, but in love with Pop's boat. |
| Could there seriously be cuter cheeks?! |








1 comment:
I'm so glad y'all got to spend some family time together! Looks like fun! Good for you for getting on that jet ski! You look GREAT!
Post a Comment