I like to blog about the happy and funny things that happen in my life.
But sometimes life isn't like that.
This past week, the father of Kate's close friend, who is also our neighbor and Kate's middle school band director, died unexpectedly and suddenly from a heart attack.
It has been tough to see the sadness of my own daughter as well that of this good man's family.
I have also spent time with a few friends who have tough things going on in their lives right now.
It has been a discouraging week to say the least.
But it has also been a week of change and beauty and happiness.
Signs of spring are all over my yard.
| The Japanese Magnolia is blooming. |
| This is one of the fruit trees in our yard. It is the only one blooming so far and it is spectacular. |
| This is one of Blair's prized camellias. |
And this young man, the one who can drive me crazy and yet has had me wrapped around his finger from the day he was placed in my arms, got accepted into BYU-I.
I was not expecting him to consider going so far away from me. I mean, intellectually I know my kids will grow up and leave the nest, but I may or may not be in denial until the moment arrives. And suddenly I realize that it is right around the corner. And that I am not ready.
So today, as I get ready to enjoy hearing my husband speak at Stake Conference, I also prepare myself to take my tender-hearted daughter to a very sad funeral. And I sit back and look at all the changes that happen in life--the good and the bad, the big and the small, and I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for the life he has blessed me with and the lessons we are all learning.


No comments:
Post a Comment