Me: What is wrong?
Alli: I want to be a famous singerveterinarian (Who even knew such a vocation existed?) but I don't know how I will deal with the paparazzi! What am I gonna do?
From Lydia, while taking her to a birthday party--
Lydia: Mom, do you think they will let me take a shower there and give me a change of clothes?
Me: Sweetheart, why in the world would you need to shower and change?
Lydia: You know, if I get all muddy.
Me: Why would you get all muddy?
Lydia: From rolling around in the mud.
Me: Lydia, what would possess you to roll around in the mud?
Lydia, in total exasperation at this point: Because, mom, if I were to turn into a pig while I was there, I would want to run outside and roll around in the mud!!
A lot of things run through my head at this point. I could explain that it hasn't rained and there is no mud and this is an inside party and people never turn into pigs...instead I simply say:
Me: Sure, sweetie. I bet that they would be happy to let you shower and change if you turn into a pig, run outside and roll around in the mud.
Lydia: Thanks, Mom.
From Kate, who is 13 with all that it entails--
Me: How was your day?
Kate: .......
Me: How are you?
Kate...mgff....
Me: Kate, speak to me!
Kate:...I'm tired......
From Matt, who is 18 and all that it entails--
Me: Matt, you need to clean your room.
Matt: Are you KIDDING me?
Me: Matt, It's your turn for dishes.
Matt: Are you KIDDING me?
Me: Matt, Please do your homework.
Matt: Are you KIDDING me?
You get the idea.
All KIDDING aside, I love these kiddos and the fun that they bring to my life.
Here are some pictures from when they were little and still thought that I knew everything.
On second thought, as I look through these, Matt at least, if not a few of the others, probably stopped believing I knew anything at all long before these pictures were taken..
Oh well, A mom can dream...
PS. I had to come back to this post and say that just because my wonderful oldest daughter is not quoted nor does she appear in any pictures, it is not because I don't love her or because she doesn't still say hilarious things. I just figure that in the hormonal stage of pregnancy she is in right now, she might not appreciate my humor on her behalf.
Love you Sissy!!
PS. I had to come back to this post and say that just because my wonderful oldest daughter is not quoted nor does she appear in any pictures, it is not because I don't love her or because she doesn't still say hilarious things. I just figure that in the hormonal stage of pregnancy she is in right now, she might not appreciate my humor on her behalf.
Love you Sissy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment