Monday, April 4, 2011

Fun Times

We have been having some fun times around our house lately.

1. General Conference Weekend
I love General Conference.  I love to gather the family around with little ones doing conference activity packets, older ones taking notes, people occasionally nodding off, and feasting on the words of our leaders.  We had such a spirit of peace and love in our home, and I heard so many wonderful things that inspired me to try to be a better person and strengthened my testimony.

I  normally try to discourage passing notes back and forth during a church meeting, but the one pictured below warmed my heart.  It was between daddy and baby girl.  In case you don't have supersonic eyesight, I have put the text below complete with adorable spelling.


Alli: I love you!!
Dad: I love you too, but I am also proud of you.
Alli: I love you too and I'm more proud of you because you never wine when you wake up early in the morning.
Dad: I have a pink horsey! (private joke between Alli and Blair) I love you because you love me. I'm glad we are part of a forever family.
Alli: And I'm glad I have a father who belives in the testamony and will protect our family O and I have a quistion will you risk you'r life for you're family? :)
Dad: Thank you! I do have a testimony--I would gladly protect you and risk my life for my family.
Alli: daddy did I mintion I adore you?
Dad: I feel happy because you adore me.
Alli: I think you're the best dad in the whole wrolde <3


2. Spring Break

We had a great time during spring break.  We stayed up late, slept in way too long, and played way too hard.  Part of the time we had our three adorable nieces staying with us.  Poor Blair and Matt were adrift in a sea of giggles, pink, shrieks, and the occasional tears.  We had a blast and went on several day trips. 

This picture was taken before the sunburn debacle.  The girls coated each other and themselves with sunscreen, but one horribly neglectful aunt failed to check and see if every sweet face had been remembered.  Unfortunately two faces had been forgotten and  terrible blistering sunburns resulted.  The unnamed aunt in question will continue to feel guilty for years to come!!


Cousins at Mexico Beach


Although I have no pictures, we  went on an alligator hunt that took us to the St. Marks Wildlife Refuge.  We did see several large alligators laying in the reeds that made Uncle Blair a little nervous that some little girl would become "gator-bait." 
The highlights to that day for me were when we stood overlooking the gulf and Blair asked if anybody knew what body of water it was.  No one did, so I gave the hint "It is the blank of blank."  Lydia quickly shouted out  "Oh, of course it is the Lake of Lydia!" Nothing wrong with that baby's self image!

And when Blair suggested we read the sign about the history of the lighthouse,  Noelle politely declined and said," Um, I really don't plan to learn anything today."

 We also enjoyed a day at Wild Adventures.  An over-cast Monday is the time to go because no one was there. The girls got to ride the rides over and over and over again.....

Notice the two sunburned faces? eek!

 They also got to feed the giraffe which sounded more fun than it actually was.  Those smiles are quite fake because it turns out that giraffe tongues are disgusting.

Sadly, Matt is not in any of these pictures.  For some reason, the almost -graduated, 18 yr. old boy did not want to spend his Spring Break with six little girls.  He found some fun things to do with his friends and even took an over-nighter with Blair to New Orleans to see a little basketball game.

Can you tell that Matt was a little conflicted about who to cheer for?

3 comments:

Marsha said...

That un-named aunt needs to not worry about the sunburn. It is healed and forgotten now... That un-named aunt provided an amazing service to a grateful (and gimpy) sister-in-law.

Those girls had a blast and forged some good friendships. Thanks for sacrificing your time, energy and love on my behalf. I sure needed that week to be miserable w/o kids.

Love to you all! xoxox

Annette said...

Vicky- How come I didn't know about your Blog??? I have linked you to me... you can link to me if you want too. http://mylifethusfar-annette.blogspot.com/

Vicky said...

Glad we found each other. I will link to you.