We have a tradition that every Easter Daddy takes his girls shopping for an Easter dress. They have a fun little date, and I am always impressed by the dresses daddy picks. Now that everyone is getting older, they have a little more of an opinion of what they want, but I think they secretly enjoy seeing what Daddy likes.
Here are this year's picks.
 |
| This one surprised me because Alli is not normally a fan of pink or ruffles, but she loved how she looked in it. Kate straightened her hair for her and she looked gorgeous. |
 |
| This one surprised me because it was NOT pink, ruffled, or sparkly. She looked so sweet and beautiful, and way too grown up. Hair was, again, courtesy of Kate. |
 |
| This one did not surprise me because it fit Kate to a tee. She looked beautiful. |
Here are a few more pictures from our photo shoot.
 |
| This handsome guy probably could have used a shopping trip with his mom. Who knew that his suit needed to be dry cleaned, and that he couldn't find his black belt or shoes? He did find his belt before church, although I am kind of loving the belt buckle. |
 |
| What a bunch of cuties! |
 |
| Be still my heart. |
 |
| Love this pic and these two. They had their own shopping trip--notice the matching dress and tie. |
 |
| The sun was bright so we had some squinting going on, but this is the gang after church. |
 |
| What a gorgeous daughter I have! |
I found a couple of Easter pictures from past years. Aren't they cute?
I can't believe how much they have changed in such a short time!
 |
| 2008 (I think?) |
 |
| 2010 |
Of course Easter is about a lot more than who wore what and how cute they all looked.
I am so grateful to be able to gather my family around and celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ. I know that he lives and that because he does, we will all live again too.
4 comments:
That first one was from 2009 I'm pretty sure. I love Easter! Just think of the pictures I'll be taking next year....
Vicky, I love in every picture of the girls you say how Kate did their hair. She is really good. You have wonderful children! Hey how did your lesson go?
Annette, I don't know if it was the power of suggestion or what, but I got up there and got all teary! Once I got that under control, I think it went pretty well. How about you?
You are an amazing family - beautiful inside and out! I,too, admire the sweet tradition of daddy dress day. And such a pretty parade of attire!! Easter was especially tender for me this year, and your lesson was so spiritually given, Vicky. Thank you for sharing these pictures and for sharing your family as your hubby serves all of us with his time away from you. Love you guys!
Post a Comment