When I was a teenager, sometimes my mom would talk about her stress by describing it as a knot in her stomach. Being the true teenager that I was, I would secretly roll my eyes and think she was just being dramatic.
Now that I am an adult, I totally get the "knot" feeling. Mom, if you read this, I am sorry for the eye rolling that you hopefully never saw.
Today is a knot day. My stomach pure hurts from it. So in an effort to unravel the knot, I thought I would list some of the many things I am grateful for--things that make my heart happy and make me smile. Other than the first two, they are in no particular order.
1. Of course, first on the list is the gospel of Jesus Christ and all that it encompasses. My knowledge of the plan of salvation is what gives me peace.
2. My family. They are often the cause of my knot, but I would have a completely different kind of knot if any of them were missing from my life.
3. Spring. I love the warm-but-not-yet-hot breeze, the blooming flowers, my husband puttering in the garden, the birds nesting in our trees, and the kids clamoring to jump in the still-freezing pool water.
4. My beautiful pregnant daughter. Every time I see her I marvel that she is all grown up and creating a life in her body. Just yesterday she was that round little bump in my belly.
5. Alli's dimples. They are just too cute for words.
6. The beach. I could live there forever. Love digging my toes in the sand and walking in the water.
7. The beautiful dark eyes of my two middle daughters. When I was little and would imagine my future children, I always hoped they would have dark eyes.
8. Ice cream. It can cure just about anything that ails you. Especially if it has something chocolate in it.
9. Having an 18 yr. old son that still hugs me and tells me that he loves me every single day.
10. Watching birds fly in a V formation overhead. Can't explain it, but I smile ever time I see it.
11. Lunch out with a good friend.
12. Friday night date night. Love it. Need it. Appreciate it.
13. A snuggle request from little girls at bedtime. Resting my nose in their neck while we curl up together in their bed. They probably won't let me do that much longer.
I could keep going, but I feel the beginnings of the unravel.
| Flowers that once bloomed this time of year at Nicholson Farmhouse Restaurant. That memory makes me very happy indeed. |
1 comment:
I have to say I totally understand the whole knot feeling. Great way to untie it. There is nothing better to see something that reminds you of special moments or times. One time out of no where I smelled my dad's wood shop. Brought him back to me for a moment. And one night we were walking to our car and I smelled Hawaii. Doesn't Hawaii smell like flowers? Anyhow, don't let the knots tied you down! ;-)
Post a Comment