My nephew, Rob, recently returned from a two year mission to Denver, CO.
While he was gone Lydia decided to see how long she could grow her hair. Anyone who knows Lydia, would know that the longer her hair got, the more she liked it.
She could often be found brushing it, putting ribbons and bows and headbands in it, and finding cute ways to style it. In fact it had been the reason for many a melt down if she felt that it didn't look "just right."
So I was quite suprised when they day after Rob got home, she announced that she was ready to cut it off.
I was worried that she would regret it, so I stalled for a few days but she insisted. She wanted to cut it and donate it to locks of love. So the appointment was made with her beloved Aunt Brenda (Lydia loves the whole salon experience.)
Lydia went from this :
to this:
These camera phone pictures don't do it justice. In Lydia's own words, it looks "sassy." No more tangles, no more ponytails in the pool. Still lots of brushing and headbands.
And 12 inches went to Locks of Love.
And the best part of all?
According to Lydia, "Now when I put my scarf on, I don't have to flip my hair out of the way!"
*After seeing Lydia's hair and the attention that she got, Alli clamored to donate her long hair too. I have had to sadly explain that girls with curly hair turn out looking like puff balls with it that short.


4 comments:
Lydia, Grandma love the new style. You look so grown up. I'll bet it so much easier when you spend all day in the pool. Great that you donated it for a good cause. Congrats on that. You look loverly.
LOVE her haircut. That is amazing the length she could grow her hair. I think she looks much more mature! :-)
Vicky, I am thinking that you might be doing yourself a favor to let Ali cut hers as well. It might be bigger but will be easier to care for. The curl would help in the styling. Just my take on it. She is so cute anyway.
LOVE IT! Noelle might not have as curly of hair as Alli, but her hair is SO thick! Having it short is so helpful. You just have to cut it stacked a bit and have some good defrizzing product that will tame it down.
Post a Comment