It is crazy that I am a grandma. I don't feel old. I still have little kids of my own. How was this going to work? How was it going to feel??
Oh My!
Here is what I have learned so far.
Grandma gets to swoop in when Mommy is sleep deprived and emotional. I can scoop up that precious bundle and snuggle him in and stare at him while his mommy naps.
Grandma can shop for all the little things that might still be needed when a baby comes a month early.
Grandma can even be invited to spend the night and get up with Preston in the night so Mommy and Daddy can try to catch up on sleep and heal from sickness.
(That was the sweetest night ever)
Grandma can help with doctor visits, dishes and laundry without it feeling like the chore it does in my own house.
Grandma can get sweet pictures texted to her in the middle of the day like these:
![]() |
| I am sure this is not gas. I am sure this brilliant child is already smiling. |
![]() |
| Have you ever seen such a cute face? |
But mostly Grandma can sit back and watch her beautiful daughter be a mom. Nobody ever told me how amazing that part is.


5 comments:
Welcome to the grandma club. You are not old, but you have grown into that stage. He is a wonderful sweet boy. Hope all is going well these days. Love all these posts. You must be having a down time and can get caught up a bit. Be careful with that "Most beautiful baby" comment, won't be long until others come along and they will think you are partial to Preston. Love the pictures also.
I am so happy for you guys. And you are going to be a wonderful Grandma! And yes he's beautifully handsome!
Definitely looks like a "real" smile to me! Congrats to you, he is a beautiful baby wish I could get some of that holding action!!
Vicky, You nailed it, down to chores and watching your daughter as a mother!
I love reading your blog Vicky. Congratulations on your grandson. He is so sweet. You and Blair will be such great grandparents. It is so fun having grandchildren.
Post a Comment