Friday, February 18, 2011

TGIF

For some reason this week has seemed very, very, long. 

 I'm not really sure why, but by Tuesday night I was thinking that surely we were to the end of the week already.  
Maybe it had to do with Matt's truck troubles and us trying to share the van, or the fact that I was visited by the stomach bug, or maybe it was Matt's missed tutoring session, or Lydia's homework woes, or the fact that my refrigerator is making strange whale-like moaning sounds.  

Whatever the cause, I woke up very glad it was finally Friday. 

 Evidently others were so worn out from the long week that they could not even muster the strength to get out of bed.  
Said person will remain anonymous due to legal and personal ramifications.
Others, however, were down right giddy with the thought of the weekend.
  This was the scene in our kitchen this morning.

Blair wearing the scarves I found crammed in the bottom of Lydia's backpack.
For those of you who do not know, Lydia loves scarves.  She has about a million and would like a million more.  She believes no outfit is complete without one and never wants to be caught unprepared.

Fun was had by all.  
      Especially by dad. 
 Notice the talent and attention to detail in the draping of the scarves. 

 And just as a side note, the crocheted one was made by our budding crafter, Alli.  She made this scarf as a gift for Lydia for Christmas. She also crocheted a hat for our neighbor's baby.  She is currently making more and has announced she will be selling them on Etsy. I suggested maybe she should continue to make them as gifts instead, however she informs me that she wants to buy and ipod touch and would also like to get rich without working.
Happy Weekend!

No comments: