We are in that crazy time period known as the-last-month-before-school-is-out.
Teachers give a million projects and tests, there are end of the year field trips and parties to plan, our two youngest each play two softball games a week on different teams, at different parks, often at the same time, plus to top off the craziness, our favorite son is getting ready to graduate.
This past week we attended his final Chorus Spring Concert.
| Waiting for the concert to start. |
| Matt with some of the kids from our ward who are also in chorus. |
| Since both BethAnn and Matt spent four years in the Lincoln Choral Program, we have come to know and love the director, Mr. Scott Leaman, very well. |
Of course, spring also brings another right of passage for the high schoolers. It is either to be loved, feared, or dreaded, depending on who you ask. What is this memory-making event?
PROM.
Originally, Matt didn't think he wanted to go. Too much fuss, and drama. And heaven forbid he might actually have to ask a girl. But then a chorus friend convinced him that she need a date and he needed a prom experience.
So he (aka Mom) rented a tux, ordered a corsage, bought tickets and headed for a night of fun. Unfortunately he could not shake his eager parents who followed him to the gathering spot to take photos. Here are a few of what we got before we were politely asked to leave.
| I love the look on his face here. It says "What am I supposed to do and where is my date and why did I agree to this?" |
![]() |
| That's better. This face says, "Here she is, now take the pictures and leave please." |
But we couldn't leave yet. We still had to take all of these (plus many more.)
| Matt and Marissa |
![]() |
| Isn't he handsome? |
| Love this picture! If I look at it too long, it makes me tear up. Wasn't he just that 4 pounder they put in my arms?? |
Before I get too blubbery, here is a picture from this weekend that makes me laugh.
| Seems Blair forgot the importance of wearing shoes outside and got a splinter. Yes, it did indeed take three adults and a lot of concentration to get it out! |
And in case you are wondering where Kate is, she has been right here, just hanging around.
| |


1 comment:
Apparently I stick out my tongue when I concentrate...? May I also point out that this is the second time in the last month we have had to come to dad's rescue because he has something stuck in his foot?
Post a Comment